Start date announced after 4 RSVPs|
BEGINNERS GARMENT CONSTRUCTION
Sew your own clothing. Learn the basic skills needed to create your unique look
Time & Location
Start date announced after 4 RSVPs
Cape Town, Palmer Rd, Muizenberg, Cape Town, 7945, South Africa
About the Event
In this Beginners sewing course you will learn the basic skills needed for simple garments In the first 6 classes.
In the remaing 4 classes of the 10 class option you will create a more advanced garment with darts, facings and a button stand.
Here is some of what you will learn, there is always more than I can write down here.
- How to read patterns and choose the correct size for you
- About seam allowances and a range of different seam finishes
- How to insert zips, three ways
- How to assemble basic garments like T shirts, trousers/shorts, a skirt, dress/shirt
- Cut, fit and sew one intermediate garment of your choice - featuring darts, button stand, collar and cuff
- Learn about facings, binding
- Learn basic pattern adjustments
- Get the benefit of my 35 years experience in sewing. I have a wealth of tips and techniques
- 6 Classes of 3 hours each
- Includes some materials, patterns and use of a studio machine. One Open Studio slot for a prep or catch up session (t&cS apply)
10 Classes of 3 hours each as part of Beginners Intensive, R5000 includes 2 Open Studio slots.
Contact me for start dates